MODIFICATIONS TO MY FORESTER
This site last updated 4/05/01
Since I drive exclusively on the street, for my Forester I chose to modify it towards its sports sedan heritage. I guess what I really wanted was an Impreza wagon, but I needed more room. Sport Utility tough, Car easy? Hell no! I want to put the SPORT back in SPORT UTILITY! You can see below how far I've gotten so far, and where it will eventually end up.
Click on the thumbnails to see a larger picture.
This one shows my Forester at its stock height
This one shows my Forester at a "slammed" height after installing Tein S-Tech Medium stiffness lowering springs intended for the Impreza
This one shows my Forester at its new comfortable ride height after installing the stock Impreza 2.5 RS springs with the KYB AGX struts
The following modifications have already been completed:
• Roof rack cross-bar delete
• BSA "Suzuka"-style 17" x 7" wheels with Federal 235/45 17 Tires
• White B/C rated fire extinguisher mounted on driver's side floor
• Subaru Accessory Center Armrest Extension
• Subaru MY 2001 Dual Cup Holder in dash retrofit
• Pioneer Premier KEH-P606 am/fm/cassette/cd controller
• Pioneer CDX-P1220S 12 disc changer (mounted under passenger's seat)
• Alpine 6.5" speakers in front doors
• Pioneer 5.25" speakers in rear doors
• SAS Bazooka Tube T102 10" powered subwoofer in rear hatch
(strapped to back of rear seats)
• Colored (Blue) Taylor Wire Looms underhood (look darker than shown)
• KYB AGX adjustable struts (4-way front, 8-way rear)
• Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru) Stock Impreza 2.5 RS Springs (lowers Forester 3")
• Cusco Front Strut Tower Support Bar
• Cusco Rear Strut Tower Support Bar
• Cusco Rear Lower Suspension Bar (Behind / Below Rear Differential)
• Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru) 18mm anti-sway bar
•K&N Filtercharger drop-in performance air filter
• 3A Racing stainless steel muffler (with dual-3" round resonated exhaust tips)
• Borla stainless steel header
• Front Calipers & Rear Drums Painted (Blue)
• Halogen single strobes (white) in reverse lights
• Halogen single strobes (yellow) in rear turn signals
• Halogen single strobes (blue) in headlights
• Neon Mini-Tubes (blue) under driver's and passenger's side dash
• Strobes and Neon wired to Aircraft Flip-up safety cover switches
• Sub-Woofer disconnect wired to Aircraft Flip-up safety cover switch
Here are a few pictures I drew to conceptualize the finished product. Click on the thumbnails to see a large picture.
picture 1 picture 2 picture 3
• Picture 1 is a rear 3/4 view, showing the 3" drop and the 17" wheels. Notice the trunkmonkey racing banner along the bottom rear window and their trunkmonkey logos on my rear side windows? Wanna know what that is all about? It is really funny...
For information on trunkmonkey racing, please go to www.trunkmonkey.com.
• Picture 2 is a front 3/4 view, again showing those rims and what the 3" drop will look like. Also, I wanted an idea what a SUBARU windshield banner might look like.
• Picture 3 is a 3/4 frontal top view, this one with the rear deck open. Just trying to get and idea from all angles, and this one lets you see the windshield banner even better.
The God-knows-when Far-Future plans include:
• Zero Sports grille
• Maximum performance
(Cobb Heads, Cam Shafts, and / or Turbo kit)
• STi 4-Piston Disc brakes (front)
• Rear Disc Brake Conversion
• Cusco adjustable pillow-ball strut mounts (front & rear)